Cheers to spending the holidays together! From family gatherings, cozy cocktails, ringing in the New Year, and everything in between — our flock has a cocktail for every occasion this holiday season. Celebrate with these recipes by the cocktail experts at Mary Eddy’s!
“This is a festive, spiced version of a rum old fashioned with tons of funky fruit flavor. It’s a little taste of the tropics that is suitable for the colder months.”
- 1.5 oz Appleton Estate Rum
- .25 oz Velvet Falernum
- .25 oz vanilla liqueur
- .5 oz chai simple syrup
- 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick
FOR THE CHAI SYRUP
- Steep one chai teabag of your choosing in 8 oz of water for 5 minutes.
- Add 8 oz of brown sugar and stir until completely dissolved.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing glass.
- Stir for 20 seconds.
- Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
- Garnish with a cinnamon stick.
This is a beautiful, creamy, pink version of the classic minty “Grasshopper” cocktail. Lighter in body than a traditional Grasshopper, you can have a few of these without weighing yourself down!
- 2 oz Pisco
- 1 oz candy cane syrup
- 1 oz coconut creamer
- 1 dash Peychaud’s
- 6 drops saline
- Shaved baking chocolate
FOR THE CANDY CANE SYRUP
- Add 8 oz of peppermint candy medallions to 8 oz of boiling water.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Combine all ingredients into a shaker tin and shake.
- Garnish coupe glass with dark chocolate shavings.
- Double-strain into glass.
Glitz & Glam
What better way to bring in the new year than with a visually stunning cocktail? Topped with butterfly pea, a naturally pH reacting edible flower, this will change colors when mixed with lemon juice.
- 1 oz gin
- .25 oz Espirit D’june
- .25 oz Lychee Liqueur
- .5 oz lemon juice
- .5 oz simple syrup
- Tonic water
- Butterfly pea flower tea
- Combine all ingredients (except butterfly pea) in shaker tin and shake.
- Strain over ice into a wine glass.
- Carefully float the butterfly pea on top.
- Dust with edible glitter.
Trying one of these recipes at-home? Share with us on social by tagging @maryeddysokc on Instagram and using hashtags #Cocktailswith21c.